FCHS was founded in 1963 with its first location at the old Rochester Depot. In 1985, FCHS purchased acreage along U.S. 31, which is its present location. Through the years, donations of a round barn, print shop, chicken house, 1832 Polke house/stagecoach inn, windmill, the relocation of the Rochester depot and log cabin, and building projects such as a foot bridge and blacksmith shop have formed the nucleus of a Living History Village called Loyal, Indiana, which portrays the period of 1900-1925.
Come and visit us at the Fulton County Museum. Our museum, round barn museum and living history village are very easy to find. The museum feature the Barnhart Gallery which offers special exhibits, a reference room, seventeen display rooms of Fulton County living, the round barn museum, and a gift shop which sells books, Indian crafts, jewelry, pottery, paper dolls, and old-time toys.